Sunday, February 24, 2008

Universal Studios Mardi Gras Parade



On February 23, I went to Universal Studios for their Mardi Gras event and the Third Eye Blind concert that night. They have a parade each Saturday before the concert where they throw out thousands upon thousands of beads and a smaller number of coins. It's a whole lot of fun, but riding on a float in a parade is even more fun. I didn't think this would happen this year when I saw this, but it turns out I managed to get a ride in the parade without paying (technically, shouldn't they be paying you?) by being at the right place at the right time.

You started out by walking to your float, passing by all of the rest along the way.


You then got to the assigned float and boarded.




The fun part began once you started moving through the streets of the park having thousands of people begging you for cheap plastic beads.




And in what seems like no time at all, the parade was over. I missed some of the concert, but all is good. I rode on a float...


Leaving the park I saw these people. Is it possible to go overboard when collecting the beads? I wonder if any of the beads were thrown by me?

No comments: