Sunday, March 23, 2008

Railroad Relic?

Mysterious Marker

While biking on the Seminole Wekiva Trail and the Cross Seminole Trail through the Central Florida Area, I've been noticing several strange concrete markers with numbers on them. The marker pictured is located along the Seminole Wekiva Trail in Lake Mary. I find markers like this a bit intriguing, leaving me wondering what exactly they are marking. My guess is that they have something to do with the railroads that used to run along the sections of trail where the markers can be found.

Does anyone have any information about these, whether my railroad hunch is right, and what do the numbers mean?

1 comment:

rebecca said...

I know that in some areas there are big concrete things that were once made to hold up a big canal that went across Florida.. but that was stopped after the negative consequence it would have on the environment was noticed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_Florida_Barge_Canal