Thursday, July 3, 2008

Red, Hot, & Boom 2008

Red, Hot, and Boom is Altamonte Spring's annual 4th of July Fireworks show. The show takes place on July 3 each year, over the lake in Cranes Roost Park.

I wasn't planning on seeing the fireworks here this year. I had a bad experience here a few years ago when it took me four hours to travel about three miles after the show because of all of the traffic, none of which was being directed by the police. I just happened to be riding by this year along I-4 when the fireworks were going on. Since the show's music was broadcast over the radio, it seemed everyone decided that the middle of a highway was a perfect place to watch fireworks and the cars all came to a complete stop.

I have to admit, it was a perfect view of the show...

Red, Hot, & Boom 2008
Red, Hot, & Boom 2008
Red, Hot, & Boom 2008
Red, Hot, & Boom 2008

No comments: